Friday, August 16, 2013

Rosemary Agave Lemonade


Rosemary is one of my absolute favorite herbs.  I find my body craving it often.  When passing my garden I always reach down to rub its leaves between my fingers and lift my hands up to my face to breathe in deep.

Rosemary has been used traditionally to improve memory and concentration.  It also helps relieve muscle pain and improves circulation.  It has shown to help with indigestion and even prevents balding by stimulating hair growth.  Rosemary has antioxidant properties and studies have even shown that it has the potential to prevent and treat cancer!

As the summer is rounding to a close, I decided to celebrate by concocting this tasty and healthy Rosemary Agave Lemonade.

Rosemary Agave Lemonade Recipe
1/2 cup Organic Blue Agave
1/2 cup Lemon Juice (it took about 5 small lemons for mine)
3 cups Water
2 sprigs Rosemary (plus more for garnish)

In a small sauce pan add the Agave and 1/2 cup of the water.  Stir well until thoroughly combined.  Turn on medium for a couple minutes.  When it seems hot, turn it down to a simmer and add the 2 sprigs of Rosemary.   Simmer for 10-15 minutes.  And then let cool.   Discard the Rosemary.

Squeeze your lemons (straining out the seeds).   Combine with Agave mixture and the remaining 2 1/2 cups of cold water.   Taste and adjust the lemon/sweet/water ratio for your particular preference

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...